- The OMS CS program is now accepting applications year-round.
Academic Calendar and Deadlines
- We are now accepting applications year-round (no Summer admission).
- The deadline for submitting ALL application materials—including unofficial transcripts, letters of recommendation, and TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable)—for Spring matriculation is July 1 and for Fall matriculation is March 1. We cannot guarantee that applications that do not have ALL the required application materials submitted by these dates will be reviewed in time for the applied semester. Click here to begin your application.
- When can applicants expect to receive a decision? Generally speaking, the OMSCS Admissions Committee begins releasing decisions soon after the application deadline has passed. Please be patient while waiting for a decision - due to the volume of applications, it does take time for the applications to be reviewed and the decisions to be released. E-mailing the help desk or the Office of Graduate Studies inquiring as to the status of a decision will not speed up the review process (and indeed actually slows it down!).
- Academic calendar: The OMS CS calendar is synchronous with the Georgia Tech registrar calendar.
Information Required for Application
- Personal information
- Full name
- Date & place of birth
- Permanent & current addresses
- Names & email addresses of recommenders
- Criminal & academic misconduct history
- Citizenship (click here for more information on accepted proof of citizenship)
- Academic history
- Colleges & universities attended
- You must submit official or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended
- Degrees earned
- For international applicants only:
- TOEFL or IELTS score (see this page for the requirements)
- Any U.S. military affiliation
- Personal history & goals
- Awards, recognitions, fellowships, scholarships
- Other universities to which you are applying
- Career Objectives and Background Essay - "
What has prepared you for this program?" Up to 2,000 characters allowed for response.
- Statement of purpose
- Academic and career plans. Up to 4,000 characters allowed for response
About your recommendations:
- You should choose recommenders who know you well and can comment authoritatively on your scholarly characteristics (e.g., intellectual ability, knowledge of your chosen field, communication skills, etc.).
- Generally, current and former teachers and supervisors make more compelling recommenders than former classmates or co-workers.