Thanks for your interest in Georgia Tech's online Master of Science in Computer Science (OMS CS). We know how difficult it is to balance active military duty with earning an advanced degree. OMS CS provides a flexible solution for those who wish to do both and for those who have completed service and are looking to progress or redirect their career.
- Students can complete the program from anywhere in the world, with no need to visit campus due to the online format of OMS CS
- Service members can enroll in OMS CS and remain on active duty with no need to relocate
- Most students pay less than $7,000 total for their degree
- Current and former military personnel represent about 5% of the program's enrollment
- Students can connect with a community of more than 5,000 graduate students from 90+ countries
- August 15 for Spring admission
- March 15 for Fall admission
- The deadline for submitting ALL application materials—including unofficial transcripts, letters of recommendation, and TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable)—for Spring matriculation is August 15 and for Fall matriculation is March 15. We cannot guarantee that applications that do not have ALL the required application materials submitted by these dates will be reviewed in time for the applied semester. Click here to begin your application.
- When can applicants expect to receive a decision? Generally speaking, the OMSCS Admissions Committee begins releasing decisions near the application deadline. Please be patient while waiting for a decision - due to the volume of applications, it does take time for the applications to be reviewed and the decisions to be released. E-mailing the help desk or the Office of Graduate Studies inquiring as to the status of a decision will not speed up the review process (and indeed actually slows it down!).
- Academic calendar: The OMSCS calendar is synchronous with the Georgia Tech registrar calendar.
The program requires an undergraduate degree in computer science (or a closely related field plus significant professional experience in computer science) and a minimum GPA of 3.0. There is no GRE requirement for the program.
- Computational Perception & Robotics
- Computing Systems
- Interactive Intelligence
- Machine Learning
The program currently offers a selection of 29 different courses, with even more in development. Our courses are completely online and are taught via the Udacity platform. To explore current courses, watch course preview clips and read more about course requirements, visit our Current Courses page.
You can also explore our program via social media. Feel free to interact with our community and get a taste for what it's like to be a Georgia Tech and OMSCS student.
Finally, Georgia Tech offers resources for the military community. Visit this website to learn more.